Why is financial support important?
When you donate to The Maggie Society, you can be assured that you are truly making a difference for the dogs that come into the program. Your financial support goes towards helping with the many costs associated with rescuing an animal.
The Maggie Society is a foster-based rescue. Each dog or puppy is cared for, in a home, through a foster volunteer or foster family who is committed to making a difference in a dog's life. Donations may be used to help cover the costs of foster supplies such as food, treats, crate/bedding, cleaning supplies, leash, collar, and toys.
All of our foster dogs receive vet care which includes, but is not limited to, deworming, flea/tick/heartworm prevention, vaccines (DHPP, Bordetella, rabies). Every dog, prior to adoption, is spayed or neutered, as a step towards reducing the overpopulation of animals. If a dog comes into our program, relatively healthy, the basic vetting for a healthy start is already costly. Unfortunately, most rescued animals have other health issues in which veterinary expenses can really add up. Some of the dogs that we take in are in desperate need of grooming, not as a cosmetic need but as the next step to get the dog on its way to improved health. Skin conditions, mange, parasites, flea infestations, broken bones, cuts, and wounds are all a part of rescue.
Many puppies that come from private homes are the result of an accidental litter. To prevent future litters, The Maggie Society commits to spaying the mother dog when all puppies are surrendered to our program. We refer to these dogs as "community dogs". When money is available, we may offer this service to other unaltered dogs in the home.
A large number of adult dogs entering our program are positive for heartworms as they are often not vetted and lack preventative care. Heartworm disease is a serious disease that results in severe lung disease, heart failure, other organ damage, and ultimately, the death in dog if left untreated, Treatment is expensive, but made possible through donations and funds raised to get these animals healthy and ready for adoption.
Contributions can be made as a one time gift or can set up to be on a recurring basis. No amount is too small and every donation is appreciated.
*Photos are of actual dogs and puppies that have been helped through the Maggie Society
The Maggie Society has been blessed through the support of local business and community leaders! Support our supporters by shopping local!
Shop Our Online Supporters
There are numerous online sellers who are "rescue friendly" We are pleased to network with these companies and earn rewards are donations through the special links and coupon codes provided.
Use our Amazon wishlist to donate and ship directly to The Maggie Society
Shop at smile.amazon.com and they’ll donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to The Maggie Society--no fees, no extra cost.
*Remember to designate The Maggie Society as your charity!
Fun Ways To Help The Maggie Society
1. Host a puppy shower- Purina Puppy Chow (16 lb bags) and training treats are always needed. Our puppies love toys, especially squeaky ones and toys that they can chew such as Nylabones, Kongs, and Antlers.
2. Make a difference for the animals by fundraising on social media.
3. Host an event to benefit The Maggie Society--a birthday party, luncheon, brunch, cook out, tea party, garden party, cocktail party, bonfire, or trivia night are just a few fun suggestions. It’s a fun way to connect with your friends over a common goal.
4. Set up a Lemonade Stand or a Bake Sale and put your earnings towards the vetting of a puppy or a dog in need.
5. Host a neighborhood Dog Wash for donations!
6. Sponsor a Community Dog Spay/Neuter
7. Sponsor a litter of puppies
8. Host a neighborhood dog walk, with water stops and dog walks along the way
9. Foster a dog or puppy for a weekend
10. Go on a "Dog-for-a-Day" Adventure. Visit the nature trails and give a foster dog a fun day.
Chewy shares your passion for pets. Help them make an even greater impact by donating items to The Maggie Society through our Wish List.
Click on "Max & Neo" button for our rescue link! Enter the custom coupon code: themaggiesociety10
to save 10% on your purchase. In addition, The Maggie Society will receive a 10% Credit towards future purchases.
Drink coffee and save dogs. Use the special discount code maggiesociety15 to save and support The Maggie Society.
Don’t just take your dog for a walk… Take your Walk for a Dog! Go to wooftrax.com, download the app, and support The Maggie Society every time you walk your dog.